The Importance of Our Pet Office Plants
by: Diana Wei on June 23, 2009
Since our new OFFICE plants are now officially part of the company, we’re putting these little guys to work.
AGENDA OF THE WEEK
Our Friendly Office Pet’s Responsibility:
1) Provide oxygen and purify the air to put employees at ease
2) Provide a sick-free zone by regulating the overall humidity of an office. (These guys match the recommended human comfort range of 30% – 60%, providing a nice productive comfort level vs. potential health problem)
3) Self-Sacrifice itself to determine and measure the stress/happiness level of the office. (Plants are known to feed off the vibes given off by their environment — therefore our pet plants will flourish if it’s in a happy environment, but it will shrivel up and leave us if the environment is too stressful and harsh)
4) Regulate HR’s Workplace Requirements: Indoor Air Quality (IAQ), appropriate temperatures, Workplace Health & Safety Regulations 7.
Our Office Human People’s Responsibility:
1) Water the new pets once or twice a week.
2) Provide sufficient enough sunlight.
3) Be Happy at work.
4) And remember to appreciate how much value these little guys add to the office.
Our bossman really did know his stuff when deciding what pet we were going to have in the office.
Happy, relaxed employees = Creative productive employees
Cost of a plant saves over $10,000 of organizational consulting for a company.